R E U P L O A D
Mississippi records continues their tradition of re-releasing obscure and out of print music from all around the world, this time tackling legendary Ethiopian singer Mahmoud Ahmed.
Apparently this album of blistering african pop had never been reissued since it's original pressing, so I'm quite thankful that Mississippi did the legwork and got this back out into the ears of everyone.
Mahmoud Ahmed is the greatest Ethiopian singer of all time. His recordings with the Ibex Band are proper sweet, even awesome. This album, first released in 1978, is a world music classic. Album has been remastered quite brilliantly by Tim Stollenwerk.
Recorded at the end of the 'golden age' of Ethiopian urban music, Mahmoud is in top form belting out transcendent intense vocals over the Ibex Bands' hypnotic soulful horns, organs, guitars, bass & percussion. As good as it gets & as close to universally perfect music as ever has been made.
1. Mahmoud Ahmed - Bemin Sebeb Litlash / (4:30)
2. Mahmoud Ahmed - Anwedim Tekatin / (5:21)
3. Mahmoud Ahmed - Gebtewat Yihon Fikrien (5:46)
4. Mahmoud Ahmed - Jeguol Naw Betwa (3:34)
5. Mahmoud Ahmed - Endet Lilakek (4:16)
6. Mahmoud Ahmed - Neshtie / (5:16)
7. Mahmoud Ahmed - Fetsum Dink Lij Nesh / (4:41)
8. Mahmoud Ahmed - Hoy Na-Na Jegnaw Na / (4:40)
9. Mahmoud Ahmed - Marie Gela / (4:37)